About the Pacific Northwest Kiwanis Foundation
Through Helping Hands Fellowships, memorial gifts, and bequests, the Foundation provides you with a variety of ways to leave a lasting legacy for the children and youth of the Pacific Northwest.
Every member of a Kiwanis club in the Pacific Northwest District is also a member of the Pacific Northwest Kiwanis Foundation.
The Pacific Northwest Kiwanis Foundation is a non-profit charitable corporation founded in 1985 and endorsed by the Pacific Northwest District of Kiwanis International:
- To promote the sponsored youth groups of the Pacific Northwest Kiwanis District. These include:
- Circle K (college/university students)
- Key Clubs (high school students)
- Builders Clubs (middle school students)
- K Kids (elementary school students)
- Aktion Clubs (adults with disabilities)
- To assist needy persons – particularly youth
- To assist worthy youth to attain vocational excellence
- To aid the handicapped and disadvantaged
Specific emphasis is directed to promotion and support of sponsored youth groups particularly through scholarships and leadership training.
What Makes Up the “Pacific Northwest”?
The Foundation’s focus is on children and youth in the Pacific Northwest, which consists of:
- British Columbia
- Idaho (panhandle)
- California (Siskiyou County)